Monthly Reading Group
Friday 20th March
The Bleddfa Centre Reading Group meets once a month, normally on the first Saturday afternoon. Each meeting discusses a pre-selected book, ranging across genres, covering fiction (traditional and contemporary) and non-fiction (biography, autobiography, memoir, history). We welcome new members. By way of guidance our working practice is:
- Members buy or borrow from libraries their own copies of books to be discussed. We try to ensure selections where paperback or cheap second hand copies are available.
- Discussion will focus on issues raised by the content, style and literary context and merits of the book, which members will have read prior to the meeting.
- All members participate in the process of choosing candidates for discussion.
- Meetings take place in Hall Barn at Bleddfa Centre from 2pm - 3:30pm.
- Light refreshments will usually be available before or after meetings.
- Communications to group members will usually be by email.
Forthcoming meetings for the group are as follows:
Saturday 4th April: Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond
Saturday 2nd May: Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
All of these books are available in inexpensive paperbacks, or from re-sellers of second hand books such as AbeBooks UK.
We meet at Hall Barn (top of the track past the School House at Bleddfa Centre) and start at 2:00pm. We usually meet for about an hour and a half, and a donation (suggested £3) towards the Centre is very much appreciated. Looking ahead, we anticipate regular meetings on the first Saturday of the month in June to August.
For more info please call 01547 550 377 or email email@example.com